Week 5 » INSTRUCTIONS
We have reached the last week of the Win the Crown Online Masterclass, and it's a time to reflect and look back at how far you have come thus far. But the journey is not over yet! As you continue on your way towards the pageant week, final competition and beyond, you can continue the wonderful habits you have picked up in this course and keep making progress towards an improved version of yourself. The work really never stops when it comes to self-development!
This week we are talking about building a solid online persona. As a pageant contestant and future titleholder you are a public figure, so it is very important to have a strong online presence, great content and connection with your fans. Building a winning brand (yes, you are your own brand) is combining all of your unique talents, personality traits and skills and packaging it up in a nice little bundle to present to the world.
Personal brand is about personal - there can be as many brands as there are people in the world - we all have different opinions, views, experiences that shaped us and messages that only we can share with others. Don't be afraid to experiment and if in doubt, just START! You will evolve and grow your brand just like you improve and develop yourself. It will keep changing over time and get better and better as you refine your identity and core message. Let's start building!
First, please watch the following TEDx talk: How to know your life purpose in 5 minutes to help you narrow down your core message, target audience and purpose. Complete the Building my brand essence worksheet.
Next, go online (Google or Pinterest) and start looking for design inspirations, colors and images that resonate with your heart. Make a physical mood board or pin the images to create a board on Pinterest. That is going to be your new brand look to try out.
Think of words, tag lines, slogans and hashtags you want to use to express your authentic thoughts and pass on your core message. Write those down and keep them in mind - those will become part of your brand identity.
Then you can start posting on Instagram or Facebook based on your mood board, words and feelings that you want to express to the world about who you are.
Theme of this week: Designing and creating your personal brand
- What type of content should you post
- 4 steps to create a strong online brand
- 5 ways to connect to your audience and build trust
- How to narrow down your core message & brand identity
- Your IG bio, captions and quotes
What else you will learn:
- Writing an eBook or manual is not as hard as you think
- How to provide massive value to your followers
- Making your photos look professional with tools all influencers use
- How to get others to take you seriously
This week's assignments:
- Complete the Building my brand essence worksheet
- Update your IG and FB bios to look professional and worthy of a titleholder
- Make a list of quotes or statistics that relate to your platform to share with your audience
- Open a free Canva.com account to make your own designs for the quotes/stats as posts
- Start posting content daily or at least every few days, and make sure it resonates with your core message
This week's challenge:
- Go through your IG/ FB feed and delete any posts that can hurt your brand image
- Go Live on Instagram or Facebook to talk about your platform or cause, or even about your pageant journey
- Make at least one (1-min) video this week for your feed relating to your core message
- Visual Hammer by Laura Reis - this short and easy read will help you develop your personal brand and understand the psychology behind big marketing firms' advertising/branding campaigns. You will learn how to visually/verbally hammer down your core message so your audience can understand and relate to your brand.
Enjoy building your personal brand and don't be afraid to experiment - that's the only way to fine-tune it into something that you'll be proud of years down the line.
Keep in touch in the private Facebook group with me and other members. Keep tracking your progress in your journal or daily tracker, and keep up all of your new winning habits that make you value and appreciate yourself more.
Oh, and keep on winning!